Get started on Strava
Go to Strava.com and Sign up an account. Follow the prompts.
Now that you’re registered, you can use Strava to track your progress, motivate you, and connect with others. This guide will help you get started so you can fully engage in the Strava experience on the web. Looking for mobile guidance? You can find that guide here.
- Update your settings and profile- Hover over your profile picture in the top right corner of the Strava window to customize your Strava experience. You can set your preferences,upload a profile photo, and adjust your privacy and notifications.
- Find friends to follow- You can search for friendsor connect your Email or Facebook accounts to discover your contacts on Strava. Once you follow another athlete, or when your request to follow is approved, their activities will appear in your activity feed alongside your own. You can interact with your friends by giving Kudos and leaving Comments.
- Sync services and social media-Connect to social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Google. Enabling a connection allows you to share your activities outside of Strava. Connecting with Instagram means that your Instagram photos posted during an activity will sync to Strava.
- Upload an activity directly or from 3rd party- When you’re ready to start uploading, you can choose to upload an activity file or enter your activity manually. If you use a third party device to record your activities, you may be able to connect with a third party software or website, such as Garmin Connect. You can see a full list of third party integrations here.
If you have historical activity saved on another platform you should be able to transfer the data to Strava. We have outlined instructions on transferring data from several popular fitness platforms to ensure you get credit for all your efforts.
Sources – Wattbike.com
A FIRST LOOK AT THE WATTBIKE HUB
When you download and sign up for the Wattbike Hub, you’ll arrive on the home screen. Take a look below to discover some of the most important areas of the app:
HOW TO USE THE HUB – YOUR FIRST STEPS
Step 1 – Take a test or complete your MMP/ FTP details in settings. This helps the app to calculate your training zones and means every workout you do is personalised.
Tip – The app will automatically connect to your Wattbike, if you’re in a gym with lots of bikes around, check you’ve connected to the correct one by clicking the number in the top right of the screen.
Step 2 – Find a workout. Browse the library of workouts, they vary in length and difficulty so you’re sure to find one which suits. Once you’ve found one, simply click the play icon.
Step 3 – Ride along to the workout. To start the workout, press play then try to match the heart rate, power and cadence targets at the top of the screen. Swipe left for different data views and to discover your Polar View shape.
Step 4 – Analyse your data. Once your workout is complete, you’ll be given an overview of your session with all your key metrics including time, distance and power, plus your Polar View data.
Tip – For a more in depth look at your data, click ‘view on wattbike.com’. From this website, you can highlight and analyse specific parts of your session to find out more about your performance.
Using Apps With Your Wattbike
Wattbike connects to some of the most popular indoor training and fitness apps, so you can keep training in the way that works for you. Make sure your Wattbike monitor is up to date with the latest Firmware to ensure you can access all the latest features.
If you’re looking for a personal coach in your pocket, look no further than our very own smartphone app, the Wattbike Hub. Built in workouts let you test, train and analyse your performance all from one simple digital platform.
- A Bluetooth enabled phone
Strava is the most popular ride companion for many cyclists. If you’re a Strava user you’ll be pleased to hear you can record your Wattbike data through the Hub, then integrate your session into Strava, so you never miss a chance for Kudos!
Book a class
You will need to book their Virgin Active group exercise class via the Virgin Active App or myvirginactive.co.za ONLY and attend the class. Manual bookings of Virgin Active group exercise class will not contribute towards the challenge. The challenge 4: Riding with the Pack, info on the website leaderboard on www.virginactive.co.za/epicbattle will be updated twice in the 2 week period and there will be a lag in updating the information.
Step 1: Download the Virgin Active App
Step 2: login or create an account in the Virgin Active App
Step 3: Once logged, go to classes and booking
Step 4: select a club and class. Then Book
Classes will only be available 7 days in advance.