Get closer to your health and fitness goals with these simple meal tips.
A little planning goes a long way to help with managing your blood sugar and energy levels, which stops you reaching for sugar-rich foods to feel better or beat that 3pm slump. Better still, planning your meals means you don’t have to completely cut out ‘bad’ foods, just be smart about when you eat them and how much you eat.
Nothing beats getting your meal plan from a registered dietitian (available at our clubs), but as a guide here are some basic principles to follow. Ready?
- Set clear and achievable goals and share them with friends and family – the more support you have, the easier it is when it comes to socialising and catering.
- Create a menu for the whole week, including weekends, using healthy recipes.
- Create a shopping list before you go to the shops and never shop hungry.
- Stock up on some basic healthy ingredients like olive oil, herbs, spices and lemons.
- Kickstart your day and your metabolism with a healthy breakfast and focus on eating whole carbs rather than their refined counterparts.
- Keep your cheat meals to a minimum and try eat them after you’ve had a really good workout.
- Track what you’re eating and your progress – more than anything it makes you aware of what you’re eating and shows you what’s working and what’s not.
Want to know more? Keep checking back for new features or find a dietitian at one of our clubs.